Friday, September 11, 2009

I wish I could buy me a spaceship and fly, past the sky

I set high realistic expectations for myself.
i dream, i believe, i love, i achieve.
I'm the kind of girl who sets her mind on anything and goes for it ferociously 100% with nothing standing in my way.
I'm working hard in eventually becoming an entrepreneur in another country that I'm familiar with.
Family, friends, culture, language, lifestyle, it's nothing new, tho what I have to offer is.
My plan is to start a boutique in the city of Athens in the Hellenic Republic.
I've researched my competition and it came down to none, for the simple fact that all the brands/vendors I'll be working with are not known or exist there, in Greece, so it'll be my job to make a name, represent, advertise, and sell!
I'll be the only person in the entire country to have what I'll be merchandising from the US-GR. My shop will also fit in with all the other extreme sport, fashion, music, art shops around, except mine will have a unique twist from someone who was born and raised here in NJ, so close to NYC, and also experienced Greece at such a young age and being full Greek orthodox.
I've got style and vision non other there can portray.

I THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX


I've got my business planned out so well, but of course the only hardship is the money to get down to it.
That's not much of a main problem considering I do well with managing my money and saving. When I came back from Greece at the very end of February 2009,
I'd set a deadline for me to hurry, make money, and be out of here.
That was selfish, unrealistic, and also a bit nerve racking considering I didn't get a job until the beginning of April.
Where I work at now is a retail store, Metropark, which is an unmatched mix of contemporary and street fashion apparel.
It's teaching me everything I need to know, giving me experience in meeting with each customer, engaging them with my personality, talking to them about our products, recommending and outfitting them, how to run a store, managing the stores income, the list goes on and on. I enjoy where I am right now. I can't rush where I want to be right now at this very second because that can just be a set up for failure. No more I'm leaving for Greece
this time. I can't be doing that. I must do what I have to do here and when It's truly time, the world will know, KoSMoS.

2 comments:

  1. very well put little lady. and you are on the right track. keep on believing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you my love! keep inspiring others as well as yourself <3

    ReplyDelete